Saturday, September 8, 2012

Ever regretted not hand-regging a name?

Hand registering names is fun. I found many valuable names this way. Not sure why people drop them but they do..it's weird

There were quite a few names that I thought would do great but hesitated and never reg them when I had the chance. However, when I checked them again, they were gone, and became someone else's, I would regret it very much and became upset...

I'll list a few that I missed: jetscout.com, imlovely.com, deardata.com.....Was I being too selective? After I have found out that other people regged them, I immediately believe they are such great names...but when I had the chance and I had the options to own or not own them, I hesitated....it's weird why human *rationale* works this way...

JETSCOUT.COM - potentially $xx,xxx for end user in the jets market? And really great brandable name as well, with inspirational meanings such as youth, powerful, speed, etc.
IMLOVELY.COM - $xxx at least, probably $x,xxx for someone like me who has a dress / gown store.
DEARDATA.COM - very nice data niche name, easily $xxx - $xxxx for end users like me.

I was like, pulling my hair all over the place....I was the actual end user. How came I myself didn't reg them when I found them AVAILABLE?! I want to kill myself..

So did you ever regret finding a name available but not registering it? Mind share a few...

=========== Answer 1 ===========

Your logic is completely flawed. One other person speculating on the same domain and getting it at reg fee does not imply it's valuable. Let's see domain sales for those prices then you can talk about how you regret it but until then you shouldn't be regretting anything. Personally I think your valuations are way off the mark.

=========== Answer 2 ===========

Did I regret about it? Oh boy, you can read this if I did

=========== Answer 3 ===========

I did not hand reg Holland.ca because the country is really the Netherlands....aarrgh. I was such a newbie back then.

=========== Answer 4 ===========

Yes, and it sold years later for low five figs. It was available but I waited a few days to pull the trigger, then it was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment